Monday, November 11, 2013

Wise Words from Taylor Swift.

In case you don't remember, I love Taylor Swift. Now I know I usually analyze every inch of a song for my posts, but I figured this was close enough. One of the most important pieces of advice my 22-year old, emotional, confused, confident yet insecure self has heard came straight from her mouth. During an interview with Glamour Magazine, she said this:

"If you go too far down the rabbit hole of what people think about you, it can change everything about who you are."

Brilliant, right? And even more than brilliant... it's so true. We all care what people think to some extent, no matter how much anyone claims to not care. I promise you, if you hear enough stuff about you... it will affect you. I think it's healthy to care what people think. It really keeps you in check with your character flaws, but it also highlights the strengths you might not know you even had. It's important for people to see the negative and positive sides of themselves, and sometimes you can only see it through other people. We can be so blind when it comes to our own selves. 

The key to all this is knowing yourself; staying true to yourself and believing in your worth and uniqueness and individuality. If you believe in all these things, you won't feel the need to change no matter what people say. It's all about balance. Don't be ignorant to what people say but definitely don't let it tear you up and change you. That's probably the worst thing to ever lose... yourself. 

Check out some of my classmates who know just who they are:
Jaclyn DeAugustino
Rachel Stern
Shane Chernoff

No comments:

Post a Comment